Tuesday 7 June 2011

My hair is starting to frustrate me

I have to admit that trying to come up with solutions to keep my hair looking pretty fabulous is starting to become somewhat of a chore. I think this is why as black women we end up either keeping it short, in braids or wear wigs and weaves. Honestly, keeping black hair looking pretty fabulous is a job. The only thing that’s keeping me going is this blog and the fact that I would like to challenge the notion that black hair is “bad hair”.

I know that I shouldn’t be looking at it as a job however at times it’s pretty hard not to. Anyways, I have decided to start relaxing my hair every 8-10 weeks. I was originally gonna go for 12 weeks and I have done so, however, with my hair texture I think its best to stick to 8-10. I have also decided not to hold it in a pony tail for the first 4 weeks after relaxing. In this way I can avoid my current hair line situation permanently. I will then resort to corn rows and ponytails between week 5 and 10. This should work perfectly (fingers crossed). I also want to start going to the salon for each and every relaxer. This will save me the stress of dealing with hair that becomes fra a week after self relaxing. I will see how this works and will document the changes on the blog. Do you have any secrets on keeping your relaxer looking fresh for longer?

No comments:

Post a Comment