Wednesday 8 June 2011

The Importance of Deep Conditioning

As I mentioned in the last post, lately my hair had been a mission to take care of. Therefore, last night I decided to try overnight deep conditioning. The real reason I did it is because its really cold and I couldn’t imagine myself washing my hair then staying with cold hair for an hour while I deep condition. I thought it would be better if I just put conditioner on dry hair then slept with it (with a plastic cap and stocking on) and then washed my hair in the morning.

I used my conditioner and oil mix on my hair before going to bed (on dry hair as its cold) and then wore a plastic cap and stocking (to avoid getting the product on my pillowcase). In the morning, I woke up and the first thing I did was rinse my hair. After rinsing the conditioner out, I used my sulfate free shampoo only on my scalp. I then rinsed it out, then used a small amount of moisturising conditioner (very small) and rinsed it out too; this time I did not leave the conditioner in my hair for long at all.

I then dried my hair in a towel and when it was 60% dry I used my hair placenta, leave in conditioner and moisturiser, combed it with a wide toothed comb, tied it in a bun and wore my silk scarf. OMG…you do not understand what a difference doing an overnight DC and only applying shampoo on my scalp made. My hair is baby soft.

I just moisturised it now and before going to bed, I will wear my silk scarf and see what the results will be like in the morning. I oiled my scalp using olive oil and coconut oil and now I fear that they may wear my hair down, to be honest I don’t know why I didn’t use my carrot oil from ORG, its more like hair food than oil. Oh well, I won’t make that mistake next time.

If your hair is dry and looks unhealthy, try doing a overnight DC or DC for about 3 hours, you will LOVE the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment