Friday 4 May 2012

Ethnic Hair vs Caucasian hair

Before I started taking better care of my hair I used to wish I had Caucasian hair. I'd always wonder as to why white people have the hair that they have and why we as black people have our hair. It didn't make sense and to be honest, it still doesn't.

Anyways I have realised that not every white woman has good hair. I mean some have frizzy hair, really curly hair (think Justin Timberlake when he was part of N’sync)and not all of them have lovely thick hair. I guess I had always just looked at the length and the smooth texture, forgetting that hair has to be healthy as well.


My "hair journey" has made me realise that we all have hair issues. It has also made me realise that although there are people who don't have much problems with their hair, most of us, no matter what race we are, have hair that has a mind of its own! In order for anyone, black or white to have "good" hair, we have to take care of it.


So my wish for women of all races would be to start taking better care of our hair and stop with the comparisons.

No comments:

Post a Comment