Friday 4 May 2012

Taking care of short hair

As with most black women, I've cut my hair to "boy zone" a few times in my life. The FANTASTIC thing about cutting our hair really short is that it requires super low maintenance right?...WRONG!


I used to think that cutting my hair short meant that I could take a break from worrying about my hair for a few months; however, I have recently had a light bulb moment. Let's think about it, the only thing that's different is the length, nothing else. Therefore the hair still has coils/still kinky and naturally drier than other textures. So why stop doing all the things that we do when our hair is longer?


I also wonder as to how many women with short hair base their scalps. I've seen women with medium to long hair taking turns to base one another's scalps, flip I'm one of those women. I have even complained about how someone close to me (whose name I will not mention) is selfish because they don't first part my hair in 4 sections and then take time in ensuring that they have covered all sections well (crazy but true).


I must say, this is the first time that I am paying attention to my scalp while my hair is short, but its definitely something that I want to keep doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment