Monday 14 May 2012

I’m a mad hatter


Looking at the mirror last night made me grateful to be sleeping alone.


I'm back to wearing my stockings at night but it’s strange because I'm doing it with very short unprocessed hair. If anyone were to come into my room, they'd think I'm mad as a hatter. The reason is that I have decided to start taking care of my hair even at this length in order to get it to be healthy and long (fingers crossed)....


Talking about wearing stockings on my head to bed at night, how many of you ladies wear them? The reason I'm asking is that my male friends think that it is not sexy at all. They say that it’s a bit of a turn off. One even suggested that women should at least wear coloured stockings (mine are brown, but I was told that it’s not a sexy colour hahahaha). Some even think that a doek is just as bad, but then they expect our hair to always look fierce REALLY??!!


I've decided that when I get married I will tell my husband that the stocking is joining us to bed, whether he likes it or not. I hope that by that time I will have pretty fierce hair and so it will be even more justifiable. I don't think they realise how helpful our stockings/doeks are, they:


1) Make it easier to keep certain hairstyles for longer periods.
2) Silk doeks aid in retaining moisture (cotton pillows can dry the hair)
3) Help protect our hair from really bad split ends, the hair can get damaged when rubbing against the pillow
4) Waking up with a hairstyle that's still intact means we save a little more time when getting ready in the morning
5) Help keep the oils and gels we use on our hair and not on the pillow (reminds me of the stickers on taxi windows which say "your hair style looks nice, but not on my window"hahaha)

Later!


No comments:

Post a Comment