Monday 14 May 2012

Glycerin vs hair moisturisers

While still being in my blissful state of denial about my hairline I decided to go natural. The plan was to stop relaxing my hair and then deal with the two textures that would result from it (the relaxed texture of the ends of my hair and the afro resulting from my growth).


As I was going natural I decided to only use glycerin as a moisturiser and you know, I now get why my mom used to moisturise my hair with it before I started relaxing. It makes hair very soft. I don't know how it would work on a fresh or relatively new relaxer but I found that my hair stayed soft all day long. I have very dry hair and ordinary hair moisturusers tend to give it a wet feeling/ texture and then by the end of the day my hair is dry


Now that my hair is boy zone I'm only using a mixture of glycerine and castor oil (with drops of peppermint oil to conceal the smell of the castor oil) on my hair. I must say it makes it soft, but the hair looks a bit dull so I'm still looking for something else that I can add for a shinier look.

No comments:

Post a Comment