Saturday 7 May 2011

Dealing with my receding hairline

As I mentioned in a previous post, my hairline is receding and I have realised that I need to do something urgently. I have thus decided not to relax my hair for the next 3 months. I figured that if I give my hair a break from chemicals then it will grow back (hopefully).

My only problem is that the last time I decided to give my hair a 3-month break I got through it by braiding, and since my hairline is the problem this time, I reckon braiding wouldn't be the smartest thing to do. To be honest, I have never had to worry about my hairline, EVER. It only started being problematic when I decided to start taking care of my hair (go figure) how crazy is that?

Anyways, I am now 6 weeks post relaxer and because I did my last relaxer myself my hair was not as relaxed as it would have been had I gone to the salon. Its therefore a bit on the "fra" side. This means that I am now dealing with hair that's between an afro and relaxed hair. I am nervous that I may not be able to take care of it and have Googled a few styles. Being a marketer, its going to be interesting to see if there is an inner stylist within me. I am hoping that I will manage to create pretty fierce hairstyles for the next 3 months. Hairstyles that I will be able to go to work in (hoping to get a full time job by then) and those that I can go out in. I am going to take pictures of all the good hairstyles that I come up with and hopefully it can inspire and help those ladies out there who may be in the same situation.

Below is a photo of my hairline

No comments:

Post a Comment