Saturday 7 May 2011

SA Celebs whose hair I admire

There are a few ladies (SA celebs)  who make me want go to the salon or change my hair style completely every time they appear in magazines or on TV. As this blog is about celebrating wonderful hair care brands, I thought I would mention them. LOL, yes they are not hair care brands, but they are brands in their own right and they are brands with what I call "Good Hair".

Normally the term "good hair" is not used to describe our black hair, and its really sad, and some of these ladies have weaves and not natural hair, but because their hair/weaves is/are always impeccable I have added them to the list. I hope that one day I can interview them about their hair on the blog:

Bonang Matheba

This young lady always has a weave, or at least I have never seen her real hair, however, her weave always looks good. What I like is that she doesn't go for the blonde or funky colours or highlights. Her weave is always fresh and classy but young and fun at the same time.

Lira

Yes, she can make you want to cut your hair and go natural. I like that her hair always looks soft but you can see that she does not relax it. I like the way it always shines. I know that it may seem strange for me to talk about Lira when this blog is about relaxed hair (mostly), but I find that when my relaxer is not fresh anymore (like now that I am trying to go relaxer free for 3 months) I tend to think about her for inspiration in keeping my hair shiny and healthy looking.

Penny Lebyane

What I love about Penny's hair is that it looks very rich (LOL..this so says the girl who used to hate her thick locks). She looks like she has good hair. What I have also noticed is that even though she wears weaves relatively often, her hairline still exists. This shows that she understands that she needs to keep her hair healthy underneath the weave. I have seen her with "fra" hair once, but I must say that it was still rich. I mean yes we all have our bad hair days so I won't use that against her.

Noni Gasa

This woman is probably known more for her baldhead than for her hair. The reason she is on this list is that firstly, she looks good with her baldhead. I have seen a lot of people in the limelight and those not in the lime light who have tried to rock the look but were unsuccessful. She ROCKS it. It seems like these days she is trying to grow her hair and I must commend her for making an effort with it. She has managed to keep it looking good even when its at that awkward length where its too long to call it short hair, but still too short to refer to it as long hair.

**Please note that I have not used any images here because I do not have any, and I did not want to take pictures from Google as they may be subject to copyright, You may Google the ladies if you are not too familiar with them**

2 comments:

  1. I'm stunned by your blog as a whole!Your writings are a true reflection of your experiences...and you have not only stayed true to your originality but you are an excellent writer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, thank you so much. I must say, I also checked your blog out and I am very impressed!

    ReplyDelete