Friday 6 May 2011

Moisturising my hair

One of the things that frustrate me about my hair texture is that it is extremely dry. I know that black people generally have dry hair, but I feel like mine is amongst the worst. The other problem is that when I put too much moisturiser on it, it falls out. Its crazy, my hair is schizo!!

Anyways, I think I have found something that works. I am saying "I think" because I know that there could be other things out there which could work even better.

Instead of using moisturiser for my hair, I use a curl activator. Its water based and has glycerin (which is good for hair) and I find that it does the job very well. What I also sometimes do when my hair is very dry is use a spray along with the curl activator. In order to make sure that my hair gets well moisturised, I moisturise it in sections, it may be anything from 4 to 8, depending on how dry it is. I do this morning and evening and its really made a difference in my hair. My hair doesn't break as much anymore and it isn't dry when i rub it together.

Below are the brands that have worked for me:

Special Feeling curl activator
Black Like me curl activator
Black like me moisturising spray
**The Black like me curl activator and moisturising spray combo were R16. Yes a real bargain...LOL..I am a big bargain hunter. I don't believe in buying cheap if something is not of good quality, however if something is a good bargain I will be all over it.


PICS below:






No comments:

Post a Comment