Monday 9 May 2011

Hair styles for "Fra" hair

Now I know that some or maybe even most of you would never be caught dead with "fra" hair, GOOD FOR YOU!!! However, unfortunately some of us sometimes find ourselves with fra hair. Besides, we should ideally only relax our hair every 8 - 12 weeks. If you can't handle 12 then 8 - 10 weeks. This gives your hair enough time to grow between relaxers so when you get a fresh relaxer, the product is hopefully only applied on the growth.

So, in order to help you ladies, I decided to post a few hairstyles that we can rock when our hair is a little on the fra side. I am going to try all of them and post the results...this should be interesting ha ha ha.

 I would only recommend the above hairstyle for those really bad hair days. Maar please let’s not let our hair get to this point (look who's talking). I know that it sometimes happens that for some reason we aren't able to make it to the salon on the day we want to. Perhaps you suddenly have an emergency to attend to, or a business trip pops up from nowhere. This is when an interesting hair band comes in handy. As you can see from the above picture, it takes some of the focus away from your hair as the eye will be attracted to the interesting detail and hopefully not your frustrated hair.

 What I like about this hairstyle is that you can rock it with fra or relaxed hair. It’s really up to you. I wouldn't recommend it for someone who works in an ultra conservative environment though, well, I would recommend that you tone it down a little. I am most definitely going to try this one out, with both my relaxed and fra hair. If like me you are into DYI you can try it with some hair fiber. Just buy one that closely matches your hair. I think I have an idea as to how you would do it, but I am not entirely sure so I will try it out and post the "how to" on it in a later blog.

I recently did something that was somewhat similar to this, but I'll admit that this one looks better than mine. This is very interesting because I normally only see it on ladies with dreadlocks. I think its a pretty simple style to do (perhaps I'll eat my words later though) and what I like about it is that you can wear it for a few days if you make the rows tight. I'm sure you can see that the person in the photo is a bit young though so I'll try it and post it. Then we can judge whether it would work in the corporate world.

Hail to the "push back" and lephondo (pony tail/bun). One can never go wrong with this style, no matter how old or fresh your relaxer is. The only thing I would advice is that you use an afro bun if your relaxer is not fresh. I don't know about you ladies but I think it's a bit tacky when one wears a bun that's clearly meant to be worn with freshly relaxed hair on fra hair? What do you think? Do you have any "go-to" hairstyles? Send me your photos on justfab13@gmail.com and I will post them. You can crop them or ask me to crop them if you don't want to show your face.

No comments:

Post a Comment