Monday 9 May 2011

My most embarrassing hair moment EVER

I just finished writing an entry about wearing hair buns (maphondo) that match your hair, and it reminded me of my most embarrassing hair moment EVER. Trust me nothing will ever top that (touchwood).

About 2 years back I went out for dinner with a few friends to Metro in Benmore Gardens. I had recently bought one of those long ponytails and it had become my new hair obsession, so naturally I wore it for the girls night out. I started feeling it slip a little while we were waiting for our food to arrive but I thought "No ways" I guess I was in denial...bad idea.

Instead of just adjusting the thing, I decided to let my friends know that my hair was about to fall off. To be honest, I still don't know why I didn't just fix it instead of announcing it. Just as one of them was saying, "Don't embarrass us" (It was more like "Don't embarra" coz she didn't even finish) the stupid thing slid right off my head and fell down. Yip...I have never wanted the earth to part and swallow me as much as I did at that moment. Anyways, I quickly duck underneath the table, pulled "my hair" from behind my chair (imagine), put it back on and got back onto my chair as gracefully as I could.

I didn't even look behind me to see if the other patrons had seen the whole ordeal (I'm sure someone did). Naturally, the girls burst our laughing who wouldn't? However, it taught me a lesson that I'll never forget. Always make sure that any clip on hair extensions that you use are as tight as possible. Remember though, you don't want them to be too tight or they'll rip your hair out, juts tight enough so that they don't fall off. If your hair is very processed (relaxer wise) make sure you use a bobby pin or two to hold the extension in place.

I'm sure I'm not the only person with a story like that though. Share yours if you have one.

No comments:

Post a Comment