Saturday 7 May 2011

Where I shop for hair products

The most difficult part of my hair journey has been finding the hair products that I read about on most hair blogs. That’s because the bloggers are US based and being from South Africa, I would have to shop online to get some of the things that they write about. This is one of the reasons I started the blog, to help fellow SA ladies with finding products and accessories.

Clicks and Clicks pharmacy

My search started at Clicks. I love buying hair products at clicks because they really have a wide variety. Clicks pharmacies also tend to have a lot of products too and at times when I don't find something that I want at Clicks I normally find it at the pharmacy. Clicks is also cool because I get points when I use my club card so essentially I get some of my money back YAY!!! However, I have to use the points to purchase at Clicks again.

By the way ladies, the Clicks website has an Ethnic hair care section, how cool is that?

The Body Shop

There is also the body shop for conditioners. I decided to try their products because I figured that they would have less chemicals as The Body Shop is known for considering the environment when developing products. I read somewhere that their products may have more chemicals than they say they do though, but it hasn't stopped me from using their Banana Conditioner as it helps make my hair softer after washes.

Various Pharmacies

Pharmacies are great for finding those rare brands. Although they may be more pricey than the average shops, you can find some hidden gems in there. I will make a list of the brands that I have bought at pharmacies and post it in one of my future blogs.

  • For those ladies who live in Midrand/Kyalami/Sandridge, there is a shop at the Boulders shopping center that sells hair products (its close to Shoprite). The wonderful thing about the shop is that it also sells combs, plastic caps, shower caps, hair fiber as well as various other things. I really love buying my plastic hair caps and rollers there as they are reasonably priced. LOVE IT.
  • Randburg shopping centre - I think that almost everyone who lives in Johannesburg knows that Randburg shopping centre is great for those with not-so-deep pockets LOL. They have various shops that sell hair products and hair accessories for reasonable prices. So go there and check them out. I don't know any of the shop names LOL!! I don't think anyone does, but if you are ever in the Randburg area and have time you may want to check it out.
  • Metro - I went to metro once with my man and I discovered that they sell hair accessories for ridiculously low prices. Yes I admit, some of the stuff that I bought weren't worth it because they would break apart after being used once or twice, but their hair bands are worth it. I got a pack of twelve hair bands for like R15. That’s a steal.
Legit

Okay I went into legit recently to pay my Edgar’s account and the line was a bit long so I decided to look at their hair bands. They are actually not bad at all and they had some nice things too. It seemed like some of them were on sale though so I am not sure if those were their usual prices.

Accessories

Need I say more? Yes of course the prices aren't as cheap as those of the above stores but you can get some pretty nice hair clips and hair bands there, especially us working ladies who need to have hair accessories that look good but still have a mature look to them.

Hillbrow (I think)

Okay I am not really a weave girl, but I have friends who love their weaves and some who have a wig or two and I have been told that there is a place in Hillbrow that sells good hair fiber. To be honest I don't think I would be too comfortable going to Hillbrow on my own, but I know that its probably just because I haven't been there before.

Discom

Discom is also another shop that you can look for hair products and hair fiber at (like Yakki bulk and the likes). Their prices are reasonable but I find that they normally have brands that I can find in most grocery stores.

Okay these are the stores that I can think of now. Most of them can be found nationwide YAY!!! If you know of any shop in any of the provinces, please send me an email justfab13@gmail.com and I will update this post, or simply leave your comments. Ladies lets make our hair PRETTY FABULOUS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment